Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"Magic Kingdom For Sale/Sold" by Terry Brooks

In the past 2 weeks I have been reading and studying Fantasy genre... I love Fantasy books as it gives us something totally different form what we have in our daily life. The book that I read is 'Kingdom For Sale - Sold!' by Terry Brooks. He is one of the best fantasy writer. For me the story is very interesting and funny. The characters are Ben Holiday - the human and the King, Questor Thews - the wizard and Abernathy - man turn to dog which results to a talking dog. The wizard and dogman had to help Ben to safe Landover...the magic kingdom.The funny bit is the relationship that those three characters had. Abernathy was pissed off with Questor as he was the one who turned Abernathy into dogs. But there's a story behind it...don't want to spoil it. Ben is a very stubborn human being...and can you imagine how chaotic the save-the-kingdom journey that they went through! This book has its own series which are Magic Kingdom For Sale/Sold (Book 1) The Black Unicorn (Book 2) Wizard at Large (Book 3) The Tangle Box (Book 4) The Witch's Brew (Book 5). A must-read book I would say...I'll definitely buy the rest of the series... This book deals with trying to find the significance of our life in this world...even though you yourself is a powerful, rich and so on...sometimes the persons around you are the ones who make your life very significant...they define the significance of your life...sometimes we don't know about it until we lost them...and plus, don't be surprised...there's so much more than just fairy tales in fantasy kingdom...the real thing might not be the same as what it seems...




No comments:

Post a Comment